Eastern Health monitors the progress of severe weather conditions closely. In extreme weather conditions, please note that:
- Clinics, support groups and appointments may become rescheduled or cancelled.
- Individuals travelling long distances are encouraged to call ahead to make sure their appointments are not impacted by the weather.
- Patients and clients that are not able to present for a scheduled appointment should notify the respective health-care area(s). General contact information is available at: www.easternhealth.ca/contactus.
- Patients and clients are encouraged to check with their individual doctor’s office to confirm if their appointment is going ahead.
- If an appointment is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, individuals will be contacted individually to have it rescheduled.
For general information on how to prepare for emergency situations, please visit: www.getprepared.ca.
Please consider your health needs prior to adverse weather and prepare for any emergencies.
Please take a moment now to consider your health needs during an emergency:
- Ensure that your medications and health-care supplies are in a safe, secure and easily accessible location in the event of flooding or an emergency evacuation.
- Create a list of important medical contacts that you can easily take with you if you should have to leave your home.
- Check on relatives or family members now who may need assistance if there is a power or phone interruption later; that way you can have your plan prepared.
- Have an updated list of neighbours or friends to call in the event of an emergency in an accessible place in your home.
- Have a reasonable supply of prescription medications on hand.
- Have a plan in place for extra oxygen supply and backup electrical power in the event of a power outage.
- Have a plan in place for backup electrical power for use in home dialysis.
- Know how to access medical services in your community or surrounding area during a communications outage or significant road closure event.
Services changes and related updates
Service changes and related updates due to adverse weather, or as a result of power outages, will be communicated via Eastern Health’s: News Centre, Facebook page and Twitter feed.
Always check local forecasts in your area for the most up-to-date weather information.
Contact information if you are in an emergency.
Public services announcements and news releases
Public service announcements, news releases and advisories associated with adverse weather conditions are available at: news.easternhealth.ca/news-advisories.