Eastern Health monitors the progress of severe weather conditions closely. In extreme weather conditions, please note that:
- Clinics, support groups and appointments may become rescheduled or cancelled.
- Individuals travelling long distances are encouraged to call ahead to make sure their appointments are not impacted by the weather.
- Patients and clients that are not able to present for a scheduled appointment should notify the respective health-care area(s). General contact information is available at: www.easternhealth.ca/contact-us.
- Patients and clients are encouraged to check with their individual doctor’s office to confirm if their appointment is going ahead.
- If an appointment is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, individuals will be contacted individually to have it rescheduled.
Service changes and related updates due to adverse weather will be posted on this page. In the event of power outages, impact to services will be communicated via Eastern Health’s Facebook page and Twitter feed.
Always check local forecasts in your area for the most up-to-date weather information. During severe weather, Eastern Health reminds the public that in the case of an emergency, please proceed to the nearest health-care facility, or call 911.
Eastern Health also recommends residents consider their health needs prior to adverse weather and prepare for any emergencies. For more information, please visit the Storm Preparedness page.