December 14, 2021 – St. John’s, NL: As part of the ongoing investigation into recent cases, Public Health is asking anyone who visited these locations on any of the dates and times listed below is asked to arrange COVID-19 testing. The businesses have been notified and Public Health thanks them for their cooperation.
- Broderick’s Pub – 201 Water St., St. John’s, on December 10, 2021, from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Gypsy Tea Room – 315 Water St., St. John’s, on December 8, 2021, from 8:30 – 9:30 p.m. and December 10, 2021, from 8:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Slainte Bar – 115 Duckworth St., St. John’s, on December 8, 2021 from 9:45 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
- Starbucks – 2 Stavanger Dr., St. John’s, on December 10, 2021, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- The Duke of Duckworth – 325 Duckworth St., St. John’s, on December 9, 2021, from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
People who visited these locations are advised to seek testing in keeping with public notifications for possible exposure. To arrange testing, complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
People who visited these locations and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result.
People who visited these locations and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For a full list of potential COVID-19 exposure notifications, please visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/updates-resources/potential-covid-19-exposures/ . For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
– 30 –