December 26, 2021 – St. John’s, NL: Eastern Health advises the public that emergency services at the U.S. Memorial Health Centre in St. Lawrence have been revised to be temporarily diverted to the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre.
Overnight diversions in place as follows:
- 7:00 p.m. Sunday, December 26, 2021 to 7:30 a.m. Monday, December 27, 2021
- 7:00 p.m. Monday, December 27, 2021 to 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 28, 2021
- 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 28, 2021 to Wednesday, December 29, 2021
- 11:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 29, 2021 to 7:30 a.m. Thursday, December 30, 2021
- 11:00 p.m. Thursday, December 30, 2021 to 7:30 a.m. Friday, December 31, 2021
Patients requiring emergency services should call 911 or proceed to the Burin Peninsula Health Care Centre, or the Dr. S. Beckley Clinic in Grand Bank if they feel they have a serious or urgent medical problem.
If you are unsure whether you or a loved one should go to the Emergency Department, please call the NL Health Line at 811 to speak with a registered nurse 24 hours, seven days a week. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call 709-737-4668 or toll-free at 1-888-737-4668.
Eastern Health thanks the public and employees for their cooperation and apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.