December 30, 2021 – St. John’s, NL: As part of a Public Health investigation in the Eastern Health region, anyone who visited and/or dined in at these locations on the dates and times listed below is asked to arrange COVID-19 testing. This advisory does not include those who picked up take-out or used a drive-thru at these locations. The businesses have been notified and Public Health thanks them for their cooperation.
Five Guys, Avalon Mall, 48 Kenmount Rd, St. John’s
• December 24, 2021, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Denny’s, 227 Kenmount Rd, St. John’s
• December 26, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
GoodLife Fitness, Atlantic Place, 215 Water St, St. John’s
• December 23, 2021, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The Warehouse Gym, 1A Blackmore Ave, Clarenville
• December 22, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
McDonald’s, 54 Kenmount Rd, St. John’s
• December 23, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
• December 26, 2021, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Kelsey’s Restaurant, 300 Kenmount Rd, St. John’s
• December 26, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Hair Strand & Spa, 1306 Topsail Rd, Paradise
• December 22, 2021, from 6:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
A&W, 68 Kenmount Rd, St. John’s
• December 24, 2021, from 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Subway (Orangestore), 986 Kenmount Rd, Paradise
• December 23, 2021, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Mallard Cottage, 8 Barrows Rd, St. John’s
• December 22, 2021, from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
People who visited and/or dined in at these locations, are advised to seek testing in keeping with public notifications for possible exposure. To arrange testing, complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
People who visited these locations and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited these locations and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For a full list of potential COVID-19 exposure notifications, please visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/updates-resources/potential-covid-19-exposures/. For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
– 30 –