January 10, 2023– St. John’s, NL: Eastern Health advises the public of the following service changes due to adverse weather today (January 10, 2023):
- Breastfeeding support groups are cancelled for today at the following locations:
- Placentia Public Library (11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
- CBS Arena (2:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
- Thomas Line Community Centre (2:00 – 3:30 p.m.)
These groups will resume as scheduled next week. Please reach out to your Public Health nurse directly, if needed.
- Mass vaccination clinic at Mount Pearl Square will close at 12:00 p.m.
Extra appointments have been made available online over the coming days to accommodate those whose appointments are impacted today. Clients may rebook online at:
- Doorways (St. John’s) Counseling Services will be offered by phone or video only today. Please call 709-752-4903 to arrange your phone or video session. Appointments are available between 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- The community walk-in clinic, located at 50 Mundy Pond Rd, St. John’s, is closed today.
Eastern Health encourages patients and clients to check with their health-care provider’s office to confirm that their appointment is going ahead, and reminds patients and clients throughout the region that there may be delays.
Emergency services continue to be available at all sites during adverse weather. Individuals travelling long distances are encouraged to call ahead to make sure their appointments are not impacted by the weather. Eastern Health also reminds individuals that if they are not able to present for a scheduled appointment to notify the respective health-care area(s). General contact information is available at: www.easternhealth.ca/contactus/.
Eastern Health continues to monitor the progress of severe winter conditions closely. For updates pertaining to Eastern Health’s facilities or its operations, please visit the Weather Watch section at Eastern Health’s website at https://news.easternhealth.ca/weather-watch/, or visit Eastern Health’s Facebook page and Twitter feed.