February 15, 2023 – St. John’s, NL: Eastern Health advises the public of the following update to its services today due to adverse weather conditions:
- Breastfeeding support groups are cancelled at the following locations:
- Goulds Family Resource Centre (2:00 – 3:30 p.m.)
- Bay Bulls Community Health Office (1:00 – 2:30 p.m.)
These groups will resume as scheduled next week. Please reach out to your Public Health nurse directly, if needed.
- The breastfeeding support group at Heart’s Delight Town Hall (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.) is proceeding.
- The community walk-in clinic, located at 50 Mundy Pond Rd, St. John’s, will reopen at 12:00 p.m.
- The blood collection booking office/phone line is closed today and will reopen tomorrow. Appointments can also be made online at https://www.easternhealth.ca/find-health-care/blood-collection/. Blood collection sites are open and appointments are proceeding.
Eastern Health advises patients and clients to check with their health-care provider’s office to confirm that their appointment is going ahead, and reminds patients and clients throughout the region that there may be delays. Eastern Health also recommends that individuals notify the respective health-care area(s) if they are not able to present for a scheduled appointment.
Emergency services continue to be available during adverse weather. General contact information is available at: www.easternhealth.ca/contactus/.
Eastern Health continues to monitor the progress of severe winter conditions closely. For updates pertaining to Eastern Health’s facilities or its operations, please visit the Weather Watch section regularly at Eastern Health’s website at https://news.easternhealth.ca/weather-watch/, or visit Eastern Health’s Facebook page and Twitter feed.
– 30 –