December 22, 2021 – St. John’s, NL: As part of a Public Health investigation in the Eastern Health region, anyone who visited and/or dined in at these locations on the dates and times listed below is asked to arrange COVID-19 testing. The businesses have been notified and Public Health thanks them for their cooperation.
- The Newfoundland Distillery, 14 Conception Bay Highway, Clarke’s Beach on December 17, 2021, from 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Kelly’s Landing, Water Street, Bay Roberts on December 17, 2021, from 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- The Seaside Lounge, 307-309 Conception Bay Highway, Spaniard’s Bay, on December 17, 2021, from 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Winner’s Circle Pub & Eatery, 325 Conception Bay Highway, Spaniard’s Bay on December 17, 2021, from 8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- The Chalet Sports Bar, 271-275 Crane’s Road, Upper Island Cove, on December 17, 2021, from 9:00 p.m.- 12:30 a.m.
- Spiderman 3D Movie Cinema #6, Cineplex at the Avalon Mall, on December 17, 2021, 10:00 p.m. show.
- Spiderman 3D Movie Cinema #6, Cineplex at the Avalon Mall, on December 19, 2021, 9:30 p.m. show.
People who visited and/or dined in at these locations, are advised to seek testing in keeping with public notifications for possible exposure. To arrange testing, complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
People who visited these locations and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited these locations and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For a full list of potential COVID-19 exposure notifications, please visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/updates-resources/potential-covid-19-exposures/ . For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.