December 20, 2021 – St. John’s, NL: As part of a Public Health investigation in the Eastern Health region, anyone who dined in at the location on the date and time listed below is asked to arrange COVID-19 testing. This advisory does not apply to those who picked up take-out. The businesses have been notified and Public Health thanks them for their cooperation.
- Fionn MacCool’s, 199 Kenmount Road, St. John’s on Friday, December 17, 2021 from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Konfusion, 391 Duckworth Street Street, St. John’s, Saturday, December 18, 2021 10:00 p.m.- 3:00 a.m.
People who dined in at these locations are advised to seek testing in keeping with public notifications for possible exposure. To arrange testing, complete the online self-assessment and referral tool available here or call 811.
People who visited these locations and currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are required to isolate until 24 hours after their symptoms resolve and they receive a negative test result. People who visited these locations and do not currently have symptoms of COVID-19 are not required to isolate until they receive a negative test result. While awaiting their test result, they should monitor for symptoms and isolate should any symptoms develop.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever, including chills or sweats;
- A new or worsening cough;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose;
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste;
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy;
- New onset of muscle aches;
- Loss of appetite;
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; and,
- Small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
For a full list of potential COVID-19 exposure notifications, please visit: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/updates-resources/potential-covid-19-exposures/ . For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
– 30 –